Enjoy drawing and lettering with any ink or paint using our quill nibs in our Classic Fountain Pens and leave behind a variable line of rich color.
- Use any ink or paint, including India ink and acrylic paint
- Change the shape of your quill nib to suit your purpose - from pointed pen to chisel tip and everything in between
- Clean the pen easily
About our quill nibs
Quill nibs are flexible smooth nibs that emulate a feather quill or reed quill pen with superior qualities. You can twist and bend our quill nibs while drawing and writing to get different effects. You can also shape the tip of the quill nib to give you different types of drawing lines.
Drawing and lettering with our quill nibs is a new experience. The nibs are smooth as silk and skate across the paper. You can lay down a bead of color that reminds you what color is all about. You can get a wide variety of line widths by altering the pressure and angle of your hand as well as shaping the tip of the nib.
Our quill nibs are a major improvement over traditional quill feather pens. Feather quills fray easily and degrade quickly from the effects of water in ink. You have to keep trimming them back with a "pen knife". Reed pens also degrade in water and wear down quickly.
Our quill nibs behave like feather quill pens, which were the most popular drawing instrument from antiquity until 150 years ago. Enthusiasts still use quill pens to draw with, write copperplate, and letter in broadpoint calligraphy. William Blake and John Ruskin drew regularly with quill pens, and Vincent Van Gogh created some of his best drawings using reed quill nibs.
Learn how to use our quill nibs.
You can order additional quill nibs.
Pick your nib size
We provide quill nibs in two sizes:
Small size quill nibs approximate geniune feather quills and provide the same rage line widths and shapes
Medium size quill nibs provide advantages from both the small and large size nibs
Large size quill nibs approximate reed pens and provide a wider range of shapes and widths
Other nibs you can use
You can also use metal nibs in this pen
- Use our Nikko/TachikawaM feed to support the Nikko and Tachikawa Manga G nibs as well as the Principal nib
- Use our Large Nib feed to support Zebra Manga G nibs, Brause Rose nibs, our Sketch nibs and selected Hunt drawing nibs
- Use an adapter to draw or letter with crowquills, Gillott 303 nibs, and brushes
What you get in the package
Download instructions for use.
- One Classic Fountain Pen
- One quill nib of your size choice with chisel tip
- One nib stick you can cut into additional nibs
For more info . .