Crowquill Classic Fountain Pen
Draw and write with a crowquill in one of our Classic Fountain Pens.
- Contains our crowquill adaptor including a Hunt 102 nib
- Replace the nib easily - slip out the old and stick in the new
- Accepts all crowquills including those made by Speedball, Deleter, Mitchell, Zebra and others
- Use any ink or paint, even India ink or acrylic paint
- Large capacity reservoir - draw all day and don't worry about running out
- Screw-on cap and body prevent leakage
We also provide a simpler version of this pen in our Basic Fountain Pen
See all our crowquill pens.
You can order additional crowquill nibs
Two versions - hardshell and softshell
Our Crowquill Fountain Pens contains an adapter to hold the crowquill nib. There are two types of adapters - hardshell and softshell
The hardshell adapter fits tightly into the pen. It is designed to become one with the pen. You can remove and re-insert this adaptor, but we recommend you don't do this too often. Since it has a more complex design, it has a higher price. Unfortunately we are not selling hardshell adapters until the end of November.
The softshell adapter fits tightly for sealing, but its designed to slip in and out of the Pump Pen so you use several tools in the same pen.
About the reservoir
You can double the volume of ink or paint stored in the pen by removing the reservoir and filling the body. Draw all day and never run out. The reservoir provides a double wall of protection, which might be what you want, but it does reduce your carrying capacity.
Crowquill works better in the Pump Pen
Crowquills have a constrained ink flow due to the tubular design of the nib and the small air hole at the tip. We recommend using the Crowquill Pump Pen with crowquills. Pressing the pump can help force a more reliable flow of ink through the quill nib. That said, many crowquill users order our Crowquill Fountain Pen and are happy with it.
Other nibs you can use in this pen
- Use our large nib feed for Zebra Manga G, Brause Rose, and our Sketch nibs
- Use our Nikko/Tachikawa feed for those nibs as well as the Prinicipal nib
- Use the Gillott 303 adapter to draw and write with that nib
You can attach our Brush Tool to wash your drawings with water or dilute ink, and to paint on watercolors.
What you get in the package
For more information . . .