Draw with our Sketch nib in one of our Classic Fountain Pens. If you like to draw quickly with a flexible nib, move the nib in all directions without snagging, and not worry about the nib snapping or rusting, this is a great pen for you.
- Use any ink or paint, even India ink or acrylic paint
- Press the pump when you want a stronger flow - you get what you press, from a drop to a gush
- Slip the nib in and out easily
- Exchange the feed to change the flow rate
- Use other large nibs including the Zebra Manga G and Brause Rose nib - see list below
- Large capacity cartridge - draw all day and don't worry about running out
- Screw-on cap and body prevent leakage.
You can order additional Sketch nibs.
See all our Sketch nib pens.
With or without overfeed?
The overfeed is an optional device designed to extend the width and range of lines you can draw with a flexible nib. It rests above the nib, stores more ink between the nib and overfeed, controls the spread of the two tynes, and lets you draw wider lines for a longer time. Read more about our overfeeds.
Also read about how to use our overfeeds.
The version without the overfeed is shipped unless you select the version with an overfeed.
You can order this pen with or without an overfeed.
About the reservoir
You can double the volume of ink or paint stored in the pen by removing the reservoir and filling the body. The reservoir provides a double wall of protection, which might be what you want, but you can carry more volume without the reservoir.
Polishing Sketch nibs
Sketch nibs are similar to traditional fountain pens and last much longer than dip nibs. Paper is rough, so your Sketch nibs will need polishing from time to time on the underside of the tip.
You can use lapping paper to smooth your Sketch nibs, or you can use a piece of paper from a brown bag. Tear off a section measuring two or three inches to a side, wet the paper, and draw lazy circles and figures eights, then test the nib on your favorite drawing paper. Usually a few seconds of polishing is sufficient. Avoid over polishing.
You can also reshape the tip with more vigorous polishing if you want a special effect, such as left oblique or stub.
Other nibs you can use
- All three Japanese Manga G nibs
- Brause Rose and Ornamental nibs
- Hunt drawing nibs 22B, 56, and 101
- Principal nibs
- Insert an adapter to draw and write with crowquill and Gillott 303 nibs
Wash your drawings
You can attach our Brush Tool to the back of this pen to wash your drawings with water or dilute ink as well as paint with watercolors.
What you get in this package
For more info . . .