Cleaning our Fountain Pens and Pump Pens
Our Fountain Pens and Pump Pens are easy to clean. Just open them up, flush them out, and put them back together.
If you've used permanent media, such as India ink and acrylic paint, that has dried inside the pen and plugged it up, you need to do a little more work. No need to worry. Nothing will stick inside the pen permanently.
1. Remove the nib and feed from the front of the pen or the adaptor and clean all parts.
2. Unscrew the front from the back of the pen, remove the reservoir and clean.
3. Flush water through the pen parts. If water does not run freely, you have more work to do.
5. Hold the pen up to a light so you can see through it. Try to discern if there is a partial obstruction. Try to flush it out with more water.
6. If that doesn't work, stick a stick, such as a chop stick, into the pen part until you feel the obstruction, then wiggle the rod until you free the obstruction. Poke out the obstruction or flush it out with water.
7. If that doesn't work, soak the plugged pen part in warm, soapy water overnight.
8. If that doesn't work, try a stronger solution, such as a household cleaning liquid like 409.
9. If nothing works, return the pen to us, we'll clean it for you.