Enjoy drawing and lettering with any ink or paint using our quill nib in our Fountain Pen and leaving behind a variable line of rich color.
- Use any ink or paint, including India ink and acrylic paint
- Change the shape of your quill nib to suit your purpose - from pointed pen to chisel tip and everything in between
- Clean the pen easily
Drawing and lettering with our quill nibs is a new experience. The nibs are smooth as silk and skate across the paper. You can lay down a bead of color that reminds you what color is all about. You can get a wide variety of line widths by altering the pressure and angle of your hand as well as shaping the tip of the nib.
Our quill nibs behave like feather quill pens, which were the most popular drawing instrument from antiquity until 150 years ago. Enthusiasts still use quill pens to draw with, write copperplate, and letter in broadpoint calligraphy. William Blake and John Ruskin drew regularly with quill pens, and Vincent Van Gogh created some of his best drawings using reed quill nibs.
Pick your quill nib size
We offer three sizes of nibs depending on the size of line you'd like to make. There is wide line variation with every quill nib, however, it's easier to draw broad lines with the large nib size and fine lines with the small nib.
About our quill nibs
Quill nibs are flexible smooth nibs that emulate a feather quill or reed quill pen, but which have superior qualities. You can twist and bend our quill nibs while drawing and writing to get different effects. You can also shape the tip of the quill nib to give you different types of drawing lines.
Our quill nibs are a major improvement over traditional quill feather pens. Feather quills fray easily and degrade quickly from the effects of water in ink. You have to keep trimming them back with a "pen knife". Reed pens also degrade in water and wear down quickly.
Every Quill Nib Fountain Pen comes with one quill nib in the pen and two additional quill nibs, all of which give you months of steady drawing and lettering.
Learn how to use our quill nibs.
You can order additional quill nibs.
Other nibs you can use
- Nikko and Tachikawa Manga G nibs fit perfectly with the Nikko/Tachikawa feed
- Use our Large Nib feed to support Zebra Manga G nibs, Brause Rose nibs, our Sketch nibs and selected Hunt drawing nibs
- Use an adapter to draw or letter with Gillott 303 nibs and crowquills
What you get in the package
- One Fountain Pen containing one quill nib with pointed tip
- Two additonal quill nib sticks (= two nibs each)
- Instructions for use
For more info . .