Draw and write with a Tachikawa Manga G nib in a large demonstrator fountain pen.
- Provides a large ink capacity
- Use any ink or paint
- Select your feed rate for large nibs
- Crystal clear, keep your eye on the remaining volume
- Piston filling mechanism
- Measures 5.25" uncapped, 5.5" capped
Clear demonstrators are attractive clear pens that let see what's going on inside your pen. These pens use a piston filling mechanism to fill and empty the pen. This keeps your hands clean and lets you switch inks quickly and keep an eye on your remaining ink supply. They get their name "demonstrator" because they demonstrate the inner workings of a fountain pen.
- Contains a Tachikawa Manga G nib and matching feed
- Lets you replace the nib easily - slide out the old and insert the new
- Uses nibs of a similar size and shape - see the list below
You can buy Tachikawa Manga G nibs.
See all our Manga G pens.
With or without overfeed?
You can order this pen with or without an overfeed. The overfeed extends the width and range of lines you can draw. It rests above the nib, stores more ink between the nib and overfeed, controls the spread of the two tynes, and lets you draw wider lines for a longer time. Read more about our overfeeds.
The version without the overfeed is shipped unless you select the version with an overfeed.
You can remove the overfeed if you don't want to use it. You can replace the overfeed with a spacer. You can slip overfeeds and spacers in and out.
Change your flow rate
This pen ships with the Standard Flow Feed, which works with most popular drawing inks and paints. You can order the Rich Flow Feed, which is designed for especially thick inks and paints, such as traditional India ink and acrylic paint. You can also order the Thin Flow Feed, which is designed for use with thin fountain pen inks that artists enjoy, such as De Atramentis Document ink.
We suggest you try the standard flow feed first, and if that doesn't work, step up to the rich flow feed.
Compared to our black pens
Clear Demonstrators look better, you can see the volume of ink and paint that remains, and they are easier to fill, but they don't work as well with artistic media. If you leave India ink and acrylic paint inside piston filler pens, you run the risk of the media drying out inside the reservoir. When this happens, you have to clean out the reservoir. The reservoir is a sealed compartment that takes several steps to access. We describe how to do this in the user information. We even provide a tool that helps gain access.
Other nibs you can use in this pen
- Nikko Manga G nib and Leonardt Principal nib fit perfectly
- Insert our large nib feed to use the Zebra Manga G, Brause Rose, our Sketch nibs, and Hunt nibs 22B, 56, and 101
- Use an adaptor to draw and write with crowquills and Gillott 303 nibs
What this package contains
- One Clear Demonstrator Large Fountain Pen
- One Tachikawa Manga G nib
- One matching feed
- One overfeed installed if ordered
- User instructions
For more info . . .