Clear demonstrators are attractive clear pens that let you see into the pen and keep track of your ink quantity. This model contains our Sketch nib, which is designed for quick and easy drawing.
- Use any ink or paint, even India ink or acrylic paint
- Press the pump when you want a stronger flow - you get what you press, from a drop to a gush
- Slip the nib in and out easily
- Select your feed flow rate
- Large capacity reservoir - draw all day and don't worry about running out
- Screw-on cap prevents leakag
This pen contains a Sketch nib and matching feed. Our Sketch nib lets you draw in all directions quickly and easily, perfect for sketching. You can replace the nib easily - slide out the old nib and insert the new.
Our large demonstratrors use a piston device to fill and empty the pen. This keeps your hands clean and lets you keep track of the color ink you are using, how much is left in the pen, and switch inks quickly. These pens get their name "demonstrator" because they demonstrate the inner workings of a fountain pen.
Read more details about our Demonstrators.
View all our Sketch nib pens.
You can order more Sketch nibs.
Change your flow rate
This pen ships with the standard flow feed, which is designed for most inks and thin paints. See our Large Nib Feeds for other options. We recommend the standard flow feed for most inks and paints.
Compared to our black pens
Clear Demonstrators look better, you can see the volume of ink and paint that remains, and they are easier to fill, but they don't work as well with artistic media. If you leave India ink and acrylic paint inside piston filler pens, you run the risk of the media drying out inside the reservoir. When this happens, you have to clean out the reservoir. The reservoir is a sealed compartment that takes several steps to access. We describe how to do this in the user information. We even provide a tool that helps gain access.
Polishing Sketch nibs
Sketch nibs are similar to traditional fountain pens and last much longer than dip nibs. Paper is rough, so your Sketch nibs will need polishing from time to time on the underside of the tip.
You can also reshape the tip with more vigorous polishing if you want a special effect, such as left oblique or stub.
Other nibs you can use
- Slip in the Zebra Manga G, Brause Rose, most other Brause nibs, and selected Hunt nibs including the 22B, 56, and 101
- Use our Nikko/Tachikawa feed and slip in the Nikko and Tachikawa nibs as well as the Principal nib
- Insert one of our adapters to draw or write with the crowquill and Gillott 303 nibs
What you get in the package
- One Large Demonstrator piston filler fountain pen
- One Sketch nib
- Matching feed
- Pen user instructions
For more info . . .