Enjoy drawing and lettering with any ink or paint using our quill nib in our Classic Pump Pen and leaving behind a variable line of rich color.
- Use any ink or paint, including India ink and acrylic paint
- Press the pump when you want a stronger flow - you get what you press, from a drop to a gush
- Change the shape of your quill nib to suit your purpose - from pointed pen to chisel tip and everything in between
About our quill nibs
Quill nibs are flexible smooth nibs that emulate a feather quill or reed quill pen but with superior performance. You can twist and bend our quill nibs while drawing and writing to get different effects. You can also shape the tip of our quill nib to give you different types of drawing lines.
Drawing and lettering with our quill nibs is a new experience. The nibs are smooth as silk and skate across the paper. You can lay down a bead of color that reminds you what color is all about. You can get a wide variety of line widths by altering the pressure and angle of your hand as well as shaping the tip of the nib.
Our quill nibs behave like a feather quill pens and reed pens, which were the most popular writing and drawing instruments from antiquity until 150 years ago. Enthusiasts use quill and reed pens today to draw, write, and letter in calligraphy. William Blake and John Ruskin drew regularly with quill pens, and Vincent Van Gogh created some of his best drawings using reed pens.
Our quill nibs are a major improvement over traditional quill and reed pens. Feather quills fray easily and degrade quickly from the effects of water in ink. You have to keep trimming them back with a "pen knife". Reed pens also degrade in water and wear down quickly.
Every Quill Nib Classic Pump Pen comes with one quill nib in the pen and one nib stick, which you can into four full size nibs.
Learn how to use our quill nibs.
You can order quill nibs separately.
Pick your nib size?
We provide quill nibs in two sizes:
Small size qull nibs emulate feather quills and let you draw a range of finer lines
Medium size quill nibs provide advantages from both small and large quill nibs
Large size quill nibs emulate reed pens and let you draw, letter and write with a wider range of line widths
Other nibs you can use
- Use our Nikko/Tachikawa feed to use Nikko and Tachikawa Manga G nibs as well as the Principal nib
- Use our Large Nib feedto support Zebra Manga G nibs, Brause Rose nibs, our Sketch nibs and selected Hunt drawing nibs
- Use an adapter to draw or letter with crowquills, Gillott 303 nibs, and brushes
What you get in the package
- One Classic Pump Pen
- One quill nib of your size choice with chisel tip
- One quill nib stick you can cut for additional nibs
For more info . .