Draw and letter with our Sketch nib in a Classic Pump Pen. If you like to draw quickly with a flexible durable nib, this is a great pen for you.
- Use any ink or paint, even India ink and acrylic paint
- Press the pump when you want a stronger flow - you get what you press, from a drop to a gush
- Slip the nib in and out easily
- Select the overfeed to maximize the expression of you drawn lines
- Use other nibs - see the list below
- Select your feed rate of flow
- Large capacity reservoir - draw all day and don't worry about running out
- Screw-on cap and body prevent leakage
Our Classic Pump Pen is ideal for encouraging the flow of ink or paint. This is especially useful when you want to:
- Kick start the flow for a new nib
- Ink in large areas, such as backgrounds and back drops
- Force more ink or paint through crowquill and Hawk quill nibs where the ink flows through the nib tube
- Work with thicker inks and paints that don't flow easily
Read more details about our Pump Pens.
You can order more Sketch nibs.
See all our Sketch nib pens.
With or without overfeed?
The version without the overfeed is shipped unless you select the version with an overfeed.
The overfeed is a device designed to maximize the expession of your drawn lines by extending the width and range of lines you can draw using a flexible nib. The overfeed is positioned on top of the nib, stores more ink between the nib and overfeed, controls the spread of the two tynes, and lets you draw wider lines for a longer time. Read more about our overfeeds.
Also read how to use our overfeeds.
You can order this pen with or without an overfeed.
About the reservoir
You can double the volume of ink or paint stored in the pen by removing the reservoir and filling the body. The reservoir provides a double wall of protection, which might be what you want, but you can carry more volume without the reservoir.
Polishing Sketch nibs
Sketch nibs are similar to traditional fountain pens and last much longer than dip nibs. The only difference is that our Sketch nibs are not tipped. Paper is rough, so your Sketch nibs will need polishing from time to time on the underside of the tip.
You can use lapping paper to smooth your Sketch nibs, or you can use a piece of paper from a brown bag. Tear off a section measuring two or three inches to a side, wet the paper, and draw lazy circles and figures eights, then test the nib on your favorite drawing paper. Usually a few seconds of polishing is sufficient. Avoid over polishing.
You can also reshape the tip with more vigorous polishing if you want a special effect, such as left oblique or stub.
Other nibs you can use
- All three Japanese Manga G nibs
- Brause Rose and Ornamental nibs
- Hunt drawing nibs 22B, 56, and 101
- Our Super Sketch nibs
- Insert an adapter to draw or write with crowquills, Gillott 303 nibs, brushes and our small quill nibs
Wash your drawings
You can attach our Brush Tool to the back of this pen to wash your drawings with water or dilute ink as well as paint with watercolors.
What you get in the package
For more info . . .