Draw and write with a crowquill nib in our Pump Pen.
- Contains our crowquill adaptor with one Hunt 102 crowquill nib and matching feed
- Replace the nib easily - slip out the old and stick in the new
- Accepts all crowquills and Hawk quill nibs
- Use any ink or paint, even India ink or acrylic paint
- Press the pump when you want a stronger flow - you get what you press, from a drop to a gush.
- Large capacity cartridge - draw all day and don't worry about running out
- Screw-on cap and body prevent leakage
Our Pump Pen is ideal for encouraging the flow of ink or paint through the quill nib. This is especially useful when you want to:
- Kick start the flow for a new nib
- Force ink to smaller nibs with a more constricted ink flow
- Ink in large areas, such as backgrounds and back drops
- Force more ink or paint for a surge when you want to draw more quickly, flex back nibs or work with quill nibs where the ink flows through the nib tube
- Work with thicker inks and paints that don't flow easily
You can order additional crowquill nibs.
We also provide the Crowquill Fountain Pen. We recommend the Pump Pen for quill nibs because ink flows through the nib, which is narrow and can constrain the flow. Pressing the pump encourages a stronger and more regular flow.
About the reservoir
You can double the volume of ink or paint stored in the pen by removing the reservoir and filling the body. The reservoir provides a double wall of guaranteed protection, which might be what you want, but it does reduce your carrying capacity.
You can attach our Brush Tool to wash your drawings with water or dilute ink as well as paint on watercolors.
What you get in the package
- One Pump Pen
- Crowquill adaptor
- User instructions
For more information . . .